Pools and spas are very popular in many Southwest Florida homes. If you are purchasing a home with a swimming pool and/or spa we highly recommend that you have this valuable asset inspected by Accredited Building Consultants, Inc. We shall provide findings in a written report; we will identify components that in the professional judgment of the inspector are not functioning properly, significantly deficient, unsafe, or near the end of their service lives. We will provide the reasoning or explanation as to the nature of these deficiencies reported that are not self evident. We will recommend correction, further evaluation, or monitoring of components identified in the report as deficient. We will identify components that are present during the inspection, but were not inspected and the reasons why they were not inspected.
Pool & Spa Inspections
Pool & Spa Inspections in Fort Myers, Naples, and Cape Coral, FL.
About Our Pool & Spa Inspections
What We Inspect For:
- Visible parts of interior finish materials.
- The visible parts of decks, steps inside the swimming pool/spa shell and coping.
- The visible part of pumps, motors, blowers, skimmer, filters, drains, heaters, automatic safety controls, gauges, visible piping and valves, and conduit.
- Any cross connections in the water supply system.
- External bonding of the pump motors, blowers, heaters and other components that are required to be bonded.
- Operation of readily assessable lights, (GFCI’s)ground fault circuit interrupters, electrical components, and timer assemblies that are related to the pool or spa.
- The visible part of permanently installed handrails and ladders.
- The presence of safety barriers and/or alarms.
- The presence of entrapment prevention components.
- Vegetation, grading, surface drainage, and retaining walls that are likely to adversely affect the swimming pool or spa.
- The visible parts of the screen enclosure (if any), pool fencing, gates and doorways as well as gutters and downspouts that may be connected to the screen enclosure.
Pool & Spa Inspection Cost
One price does not fit all but in general a standard Pool/Spa Inspection cost $60 to $90 with a standard home inspection and depending on the pools additional features. However, we ask that you call our office to get a firm quote. For stand alone pool inspections please call the office for a price.