- Owner’s representative for all types of construction
- Construction Management
- Pre-contract consulting, cost analysis, and feasibility.
- Review of all construction documents prior to and during construction
- In Progress inspections during construction for both quality assurance and performance
- Cost analysis for all change orders and or credits prior to you signing and approving
- Review closing costs
- Final inspections
New Construction Inspections
New Construction Inspections in Fort Myers, Cape Coral, and Naples
What Construction Related Services Do We Offer?
New Construction Inspections
Why Choose Accredited Building Consultants, Inc.?
Accredited Building Consultants, Inc. specializes in all types of construction inspections. We are veterans in the industry with work experience and credentials in the building trades, professional supervision, and project management and inspection occupations. We are experienced in all phases and types of construction that are conventional to the Fort Myers, Naples, Cape Coral and surrounding ares all around Southwest Florida.
Many people do not know that your local government building inspectors inspect only for life safety issues they do not inspect for quality control. Let us put your mind at ease and allow us to inspect the work professionally to ensure your investment is sound.
The standards used by Accredited Building Consultants, Inc. are those written by the National Association of Home Builder Performance Guidelines for Builders and Remodelers, latest edition. The Florida Building Code used by the applicable local building department at the time the home is being constructed. The manufacturers suggested the installation Manuel of any given product and common standards and practices used and accepted in the area.
Each report is fully written in a narrative format with digital photographs. All deficiencies observed are noted and a copy of the report is e-mailed directly to you and or the builder upon your request within 12 hours of the site visit. This ensures that there are no construction delays and that the builder can remedy the deficiencies at once. Hard copies at an additional cost plus delivery.
New Construction Final Inspection
The most important inspection you can perform prior to closing with the Builder is a “Final Inspection” aka “Punch Out Inspection”. This is the perfect time to have a list of all items that are defective in the structure for your Builder to rectify. The conditions are now on record with the Builder and they may take care of them prior to close or after closing but the defects have now been recorded in writing and photographed.
What Does the Inspection Process Look Like?
1. Inspection of the foundation: Inspector reviews soil conditions reports, footer and steel placement just prior to the pouring of concrete. (Stem wall construction only)
NOTE: In typical concrete construction in Southwest Florida, there are two types of foundations, monolithic which is when the slab and footers are poured all at once or Stem wall construction where the footer is poured, stem wall or block work laid then the slab is poured, requiring two inspections. In monolithic construction there is only one inspections. Hence six inspections for a stem wall constructed home.
2. Inspection of the slab: This inspection includes the review of horizontal and vertical steel, wire mesh placements, venting, plumbing and any and all under slab installations for both stem wall construction and monolithic slab systems.
3. Inspection of the tie beam steel placements: Prior to the pouring of concrete into the forms, all horizontal and vertical steel placements are reviewed. Comparisons to engineered drawings are evaluated.
4. Framing, Electrical, Air Conditioning and Plumbing, known as, “FEPAC”: This is the inspection of all the mechanical and framing systems in the rough stages, window and door installations, roof sheathing and truss engineering and bracing. This inspection is done prior to the building being insulated and drywall installed.
5. In progress installation of the roof coverings: This inspection covers the review of all membranes, flashing, metals and the installation of the final roof covering.
6. Pre- Closing final inspection: This is the final inspection of the project. Prior to you closing with your builder and taking possession of the building a thorough inspection of the overall structure and immediate surrounding property is inspected for compliance with accepted building practices and standards of quality and craftsmanship for the area and price range of the product. If you have no experience in the construction process the final inspection will help ensure that your new building is completed with safety, quality and craftsmanship.
How Much Does a New Construction Inspection Cost?
NOTE ABOUT PRICING:
We will need to talk to you about your inspection needs. For an exact price for your particular project will depend on factors such as size, type of construction and location. Once we have been provided this information we can provide you a price for the inspection services.
What Other Construction Services are Offered?
If you are an absentee owner we can represent you in your construction project. If you are a cash buyer we can do progress inspection reports not only for work performed but also for quality and safety assurances. We always provide digital photographs in our reports but if you would like us to do video we can perform that service as well for an additional fee. We video downloaded via the Internet to you so that you can monitor your buildings progress. If you are cash buyer we have several construction and real estate related attorneys working with our firm that have capabilities to escrow funds, for disbursement, to the builder after inspections and all proper legal documents have been completed.
DON’T PAY TWICE FOR THAT SWIMMING POOL. Florida has a complex construction lien law that most people do not understand. We know and understand those laws and we can help protect your interests. You could pay twice for goods and services without proper representation.
DON’T GET CAUGHT IN LITIGATION. We can be a liaison between you and your builder. We can talk their talk all the while representing your financial interests. It’s more cost-effective to hire us during the construction rather than after as an expert witness during any litigation. We understand the industry and what’s acceptable and what isn’t. Pick up the phone or e-mail us today to set up your appointment. Let’s get your home built right the first time!
Sample reports available upon request as well as references.
Where We Service
Accredited Building Consultants, Inc. serves Southwest Florida in the following counties:
Lee County, FL | Collier County, FL | Hendry County, FL | Charlotte County, FL